This guide will show you how to make transactions directly from a browser. By the end you will:
- Learn about the OMG Network interface
- Interact with the OMG Network from end to end
- Make a deposit, transfer your tokens and exit the network.
The only requirement for this quick start is to have a web3 wallet with funds on Ropsten. We recommend using the Metamask chrome browser extension.
- If you don't have a web3 wallet installed yet, head over to https://metamask.io/ and follow their instructions.
- If you have a wallet but don't have any funds on Ropsten yet, please top up using a Ropsten faucet.
- This quick start will use a hosted application running react-starter-kit. If you would like to run the same application locally, you can find the installation instructions in the repository.
It is recommended to use the Chrome web browser. Users have reported issues with the wallet not working on the Brave browser due to a web3 conflict with Metamask.
Now open the webwallet in another tab and follow along with this guide as we make a deposit into the OMG Network.
Only you can keep your tokens safe. Please ensure you understand how to safely store and send tokens before making any transactions, always double check that you are sending to the correct address, and never send your private keys to anyone. Anyone who has your private keys can, and probably will, take your money.